1. The longest walk with no destination, punctuated by stops in every little pastry shop, butcher, cheese shop, and market we could find until we accumulated enough for a picnic and a sit.
2. Morning cappucini in a caffe just the way you’d imagine: people fighting for a spot at the bar, holding a cornetto in a napkin and chomping away, baristas yelling. We went every morning.
3. The easiest spot to eat our snacks just happened to be on the steps of the Tiber overlooking Castel Sant’Angelo. Rome is just a little gauche like that.
4. This little spot on the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
5. A completely normal right at home, cooking pasta scooped up from our neighborhood market, drinking wine from 1998, and pretending like we were locals.